Programs and services
Viewed in this context, the ‘Centre for Hospitality Research’ will offer a range of services: provide access to a wide variety of academic resources;
- Provide mentorship for carrying out industry relevant research;
- Periodically organize Conferences, Workshops, Seminars and Conclaves on contemporary hospitality, culinary and tourism themes;
- Help connect with thought leaders from academia & industry;
- At a strategic level, the ‘Centre for Hospitality Research’ will act as a bridge and enabler and provide an all-round access to a operationally running hospitality laboratory viz Hotel Ramada, Dehradun to carry out real- time research in all the areas of its operations viz Front Office, Operations, Food & Beverage, Food production, Marketing, IT, Housekeeping etc ;
- Bring out an annual Report on the state of Hospitality and Tourism in India;
- Provide a platform to carry out collaborative studies between industry and academics;
- The areas of research focus could include one or more of the following :
-Customer value & satisfaction
-Customer service experience
-Hiring of employees with disabilities and train for high performance
-Improving competitiveness of a Hotel
-Promoting sustainable hospitality
-Data collection : Methods and measurements.
Note: The areas mentioned above are only suggestive. Students and professionals together with their research guides could suggest an area of interest to the Centre Head and get the research program approved.