*Please prepare your resume and the transcripts of all the academic records.
*The resume should inter-alia state the name of the program that you wish to participate in; the field in which you will like to work; a realistic perspective on your career; current abilities and those needing development; your expectations from the program and the key skills that you wish to use during the course of the program.
*The documents duly scanned may be sent to: email@example.com
*The program development process will begin as soon as we receive the Resume packet. The Outreach office will establish contact with the Faculty /Coordinator of the sponsoring academic institution to ensure that the academic objectives, expectations and vision are all accomplished.
Collaboration, Partnership and Alliances
Today as we look around, we see a surge in international student and faculty mobility; leading Institutions adding an international edge to all their disciplinary curriculums; increased emphasis on International research Collaborations, Partnerships and Alliances and generally, an expansion of international strategic alliances in all areas.
In effect, joining global academic networks in the form of collaborations, partnerships and alliances is the order of the day and being practiced by all the leading educational institutions worldwide.
It is a recognized fact that institutions of higher education are all under pressure, regardless of the academic discipline or area of research, to accomplish their missions with steadily diminishing resources and in non-conducive environments. As a result, institutions are having to redress their budgets, limit course offerings and in extreme cases, close down their campuses. In this context, shared academic, intellectual and infrastructural resources through collaborations, partnerships and alliances addresses the need to sustain educational missions in the face of reduced funding.
At a strategic level, internationalization of education can be viewed as an educational reform for contemporary Institutions in order to respond to the growing impact of globalization and liberalisation of educational services. Internationalization of higher education contributes many benefits to the academic community. These range from staff development, adding diversity to student’s learning experiences, enriching curriculum development, adding multi- Country perspective to research, international cooperation and inter-cultural development.
The need for internationalizing the curriculum and programs in Hospitality & Tourism is both critical and urgent and it stems from the fact that graduates of Hospitality & Tourism have to be prepared for careers in a globally competitive business environment, calling for skill sets in cross-cultural management and communication apart from advanced technical skill sets.
The goals of internationalization of education include (but are not limited to):
- gain inter-cultural skills;
- is the only mode to catalyse growth and development of Institutions, academic research and development of pedagogic tools;
- widens employment and employability opportunities and gives access to global markets ;
- the process of contributing to knowledge development has a ‘multiplier effect’ leading to improved research, improved competencies thus, leading to improved teaching and learning
- -both the parties to the collaboration, partnerships and alliances have access to, amongst others, a diverse and enriched pool of data, expertise, experiences, skill-sets and problem solving techniques.
- -implicit in the idea of any form of collaboration is the fact that the shared understanding of how and what each partner is trying to achieve accelerates the pace and adds dynamism to the process.
In summary, collaborations, partnerships and alliances adds to the knowledge transfer processes and significantly aids the process of institutional building.
Invitation for seeking Collaborations, Partnerships and Alliances:
- The four key elements contributing to our internationalization efforts are:
- Curriculum development
- International collaborations, alliances & partnerships to engage in outreach
- The Servo Hospitality School and the six CoE’s are looking forward to actively forge productive, long-term and mutually beneficial collaborations, partnerships and alliances in all the aforementioned
- Interested individuals, researchers, educational institutions, corporate bodies & NGO’s are requested to send in their Expression of Interest (EOI).
Contact us: Please address your proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the nature of the collaboration, partnership & alliance that is sought.